All of these different living choices have advantages and disadvantages...some cost significantly more than others with differing levels of comfort and privacy. As I get closer to retirement age, these living choices become more interesting to ponder.
Did you know that there is an alternative living arrangement that may be superior to all the others when it comes to affordable living? What would you think about a community that:
- Provides free housing albeit with smaller than normal living space
- Meals are provided at no cost. Your only costs are for extra items like snacks, candy, etc.
- Free television. My cable bill runs about $150 per month. How would you like free TV?
- Free phone service although cellular coverage is nearly non-existent
- Clothing is provided
- Utilities are no extra charge.
- Recreation and exercise spaces are available to all community members
- Free health care including dental
- No lawncare required
- Free transportation outside of the community but who would ever leave?
- Educational opportunities are provided at no cost. This includes technical training.
- On site library
- On site rehab where applicable
- Some parts of the community provide complete solitude
- Gated community
- Security is provided at no charge and no one has ever broken into one of these communities.
- Community is completely desegregated. People of all races and socioeconomic backgrounds are included.
- Religious services and religion specific studies are available
- Intramural sports exist at most of the communities.
- There are communities available all across the United States so you may not even have to leave the state where you currently reside
- You pay no rent, no taxes, no dues, no utilities, no maintenance fees, nor homeowners dues
- Some members of the community are allowed to stay their entire lifetime, others are required to leave after a specific number of years. Turnover is necessary in order to accommodate new members.
OK!! By now I'm sure you are on the edge of your seat to know how to enjoy all of the benefits of this alternative living arrangement. So I guess now we get to hear the sales pitch. What is the name of this community?
|SeaTac Federal Detention Center- Seattle, WA|
There are any number of ways that you can arrange to get yourself eligible to be a part of this community. I'll let you figure that part out.